Scouting for Food March 16 – March 23, 2019
Scouting for Food is the largest community service food drive in our area involving Cub Scouts, Scouts, Venturers and Explorers.
Your unit should participate in the Council's Scouting for Food community service project and let your local area know about this service project to help your local community food banks. Let's all work together and make this year’s effort even more successful than last year’s and collect more than 85,000 pounds of food across the Northern Lights Council!
Tips for a successful Scouting for Food:
- Mark the following dates on your Unit's Calendar
Saturday, March 16 - Door Hanger Distribution Day
Saturday, March 23 – Scouting for Food Collection Day
- Register your Unit to participate by completing: Scouting for Food Unit Registration Form
- Identify one or more adults in your Scout unit who will coordinate your unit’s participation in Scouting for Food.
- Attend your district Roundtable to pick up Scouting for Food door hangers.
- Record your Scouting for Food community service hours here. Scouting for Food is a service project that helps your unit meet is goals for Journey to Excellence.
- Order Scouting for Food Patches for the Scouts who participated in the service project. SFF Patch Order Form .
- Have fun! Take pictures. The Scouting for Food community service project is the perfect opportunity to let your community know about your unit. Leave a unit flyer or thank you note with the door hangers, take pictures and submit them to your local newspapers.
Thank you for your unit’s participation in this very important community service project. If you have questions contact your local District Scouting for Food coordinator or District Executive.