Since its founding, a primary aim of Scouting has been to teach self-reliance and promote a strong work ethic. Just as important, perhaps, is the goal that no Cub Scout, Scout or Venture Scout be prevented from participating in a Scouting activity because of lack of funds. The campership program helps us achieve these objectives. Each year partial Scout camp fees are awarded to those Scouts who wish to go to camp but are unable to pay.
Applications are due by midnight on April 1, 2019. No exceptions.
To be eligible a Scout must:
- Be attending an HNE Council camp. First priority is given to members of the Heart of New England Council as funds are raised locally.
- Scout Thank You Note. A thank you note that will be sent to contributors that made the Scout's week at camp possible. Thank you notes should be sent by August 15th, 2019 to Heart of New England Council, BSA, C/O Campership Committee, 19 Harvard St. Worcester, MA 01609.
- With the unit leader and parent, fill out the Campership application no later than April 1, for all camps to insure that we have time to contact families before the early bird fees are due.
Notes on Camperships
- Camperships may not cover the full cost of registration. And will not cover optional fees.
- Camperships are not transferable or refundable and have no cash value.
- Each Scout will be notified before April 15 about the status of their application.
- Camperships for multiple weeks of camp will not be considered.